Thursday, May 29, 2014

Monday, May 26

Red Shirt, Blue Jeans, White Bow: GO USA!
Happy Memorial Day!  In Oaxaca, it is business as usual and there is no day off from school.  So at 9am, I was sitting ready to start learning Spanish instead of being back in the States at a BBQ and soaking up the sun and taking out my bathing suit for the first time of the summer.  To represent, I wore Red, White, Blue…. As best I could.


As expected, Paco showed up at Solexico after class and it was time for me to make things very clear with him.  He asked we how my excursion was yesterday and I told him good, he asked me if I wanted to sit and I told him we should go for a walk… we only made it to the front door when I finally told him my perfectly practiced phrases.  He told me that he still likes seeing me, but he understands.  I hope this will be my last blog post that includes Paco.

After class, I was absolutely exhausted and took a nap.  And by nap, I mean I went to bed at 1pm and didn’t emerge until 6pm….  It was much needed, and let’s just call it a Monday Siesta.

It is a huge Thunderstorm outside!
I quickly changed into work out clothes and headed to the gym for Zumba class from 7pm-8pm.  It was a Thunderstorm outside and I really need to start considering better footwear.  After this Zumba class, I realized I don’t really fit in and should probably try to find a new Zumba class.  The women are all old and much more chubby than to be expected….


After Zumba, I wandered over to a park a few blocks away because I heard they do dance classes every weeknight at 8:30pm for 2 hours.  Unfortunately it started to down pour, so the instructor quickly picked up his stuff and took us to an indoor location… which appears to be a bike shop during the day, but I’m not quite sure.  We learned how to Salsa, and I didn’t think I was going to be great at it, but I was absolutely horrible at it!  I still had fun and met a lot of really nice people.  Tomorrow they are teaching us how to Bachata.

“You’re just too good to be true…. Can’t keep my eyes off of you” –Muse,

Maria Katerina

No comments:

Post a Comment