Thursday, May 29, 2014

Saturday, May 24

I have officially been in Mexico for an entire week!  Time is going by so fast, pretty soon I’ll be packing my bags to head back to the United States L

Saturday was actually a pretty casual day.  Before I went to bed last night, I saw a post on Pinterest about Allegient, which is the third book in the Divergent series.  It mentioned something about chapter 50 and I was only on chapter 12, so I stayed up until 6am reading Allegient because I HAD TO KNOW what happened.  I only made it until chapter 40 before passing out.  And I had to be awake at 9am because Mrs. Irma volunteered to drive me to a supermarket.
mmmmm...CHOCOLATE!

The supermarket was pretty uneventful and everything is cheaper in Mexico, except for one VERY IMPORTANT item.  ICE CREAM!  1/3 of the cost of my groceries was for a quart (not even a gallon) of chocolate ice-cream.  It cost me 170 pesos, which comes out to be less than $15 US dollars, but still, $15 DOLLARS FOR ICE CREAM!  I had a craving and couldn’t resist and it was soooo worth it, but I’m still shocked by this. 


"READ ME!"



After grocery shopping, I wanted to go back to sleep so bad, but I saw Allegient sitting on my bedside table whispering how close I was to chapter 50, so I picked up my book and started reading again.  I didn’t stop at chapter 50, I kept reading until I finished, but at that time it was already 3:30 and I needed to go meet Rocky.

Lemonade from Cafe Brujula.
Rocky had met this guy named Miguel last week and apparently he plays the guitar at Café Brujula on Saturdays at 4pm.  I planned on meeting her there, but when I got to the café, I couldn’t find her.  Apparently, there was some really big soccer tournament that went in to overtime and she didn’t get to the café until after 5.  Because neither of us have cellphones that work without wifi, she couldn’t communicate that to me.  So I ordered a lemonade and played Candy Crush in the café for 45minutes.  After that, I decided I was either in the wrong place or was stood up, so I left and went to a Mediterranean Restaurant a flew blocks away from our house.  It was really good!
 
Yummy Balsamic Chicken with Veggies and Potato Puree.






Around 7pm Rocky showed up alive and well and due to the rain, we decided not to go to the Corona Music Fest with Paya the Clown, and instead went out with other Solexico students.  We went to 4 bars and had a lot of fun dancing in the last club.  We left probably around 3am and went out for Tacos before heading back home.

Gabriel dressing up like Paco... this is a
surprisingly accurate look-a-like photo...





In Mexico, bars and clubs stay open until 4am!  It’s crazy!  My body needs to adjust to staying up all night.  Later, I talked with Gabriel on Skype after he got home from celebrating Real Madrid winning that important soccer game.




“Be Brave” –Allegient,

Maria Katerina

No comments:

Post a Comment