Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Friday, June 6

Today at work we had a VERY BUSY day.  There was a taxi accident from down the street and we got 4 of the victims brought in by ambulance.  Keep in mind that this hospital is only staffed by one doctor and one nurse, so I really got put to use.  I started IV's on 3 of the patients while the nurse administered medications and the doctor performed his assessment.  We worked as a good team... although when the nurse was asking me to pass a bag of IV Fluids, it took me like 3 times of her repeating it before I finally understood what I needed to go get... my Spanish still needs to work, but at least I'm getting great practice every day.
Me and Zelda before class starts.

I grabbed a lemonade at Cafe Brujula and picked up some bananas at the market on my walk to Solexico.  When I arrived at the school, the gate door was closed, but the chef told me to enter.  I then saw that there was a cute dog walking around.  She was drinking water from a puddle, and didn't have any tags on, but it was obvious that she belonged to someone by the way she acted.  She was dirty, but oh so cute, so I named her Zelda <3.  I wanted to keep her, but one of the other students made posters and hung them up.  Zelda's owner came to claim her later on that day... but we never learned her real name.

Today was my last conversation class for a couple weeks because Gabriel comes in 3 days!!!  We went to a park down the street and enjoyed some tacos, crepes, and nieve (like snow-cones mixed with italian ice).  I think this is my first time eating street food in Mexico... tacos here are NOTHING like the El Paso tacos I buy at Stop & Shop.  It's more like delicious chopped meat (not ground), with onions, cilantro, guacamole, pico de gallo, and fresh limes to squeeze on top in a soft fresh corn tortilla.

That night I started watching Game of Thrones for the first time.  It's a REALLY GOOD SHOW!  I feel an addiction starting.

Winter is coming,
Maria Katerina

No comments:

Post a Comment