Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Friday, May 30th

Today marks the end of two weeks of Spanish Classes at Solexico.  With the Adelante program, 2 weeks of Spanish classes are included, but at the end of these weeks, I don't want to stop.  After class today I signed up for Conversation Classes that will start Monday.  This is 2 hours of a class that focuses on conversation skills instead of grammar and vocab.  I'm sad to say goodbye to my original classmates, but it was a great 2 weeks, that's technically going to continue next week.

Our original Solexico Class: Glen, Rocky, Jackson, Me, and Adrian
Frying up a storm in our kitchen





Back at home I had a job application I needed to complete and send in.  When I leave Mexico, I'm hoping to accept a coop position at University of Colorado Hospital in their Emergency Room.  The application is very detailed and it took me most of the day to finish the application.  I took a break half way through and cooked a delicious dinner.  I fried Pork Chops and Potatoes and made a salad with the veggies I bought at the market.  I had a lot of extras, so Rocky and I were eating Pork Chops for a couple days.



mmmmmmm.... the salad makes this healthy, right?















The beautiful street lit up at night across from Santo Domingo




That night we met up at one of the bars around 8pm for drinks and hanging out.  The road across from Santo Domingo has all these trees that have lights shining on them that change colors.  It's really pretty.  This has become the place where we meet to start every night or every activity.  I hadn't finished my job application yet, so after a couple drinks I returned home to finish the last essay question, but everyone else went out and enjoyed a Friday Night like you're supposed too!

Wish me luck,
Maria Katerina


No comments:

Post a Comment