Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wednesday, June 4

Isn't this littler bird so cute!
Today at the Cruz Roja we weren't very busy.  The Dr. and I hung out in his office between patients and reviewed vocabulary flash cards I had made.  I taught him how to pronounce words in English and he helped with the Spanish words.  It was a good day where I got to learn a lot about his life and hobbies and it was great practice for my Medical Spanish.


I grabbed a lemonade at Cafe Brujula before going to conversation class.  In conversation class we did a fun activity that had us filling in the blanks of a story, and based on our responses, it could supposedly determine our subconscious thoughts.  I really enjoyed it and it was a different and fun approach to class.



On my way up to my apartment, I ran into Octavio (Mrs. Irma's, my house mom's, son)- he had caught a bird and put it in a cage.  A WILD BIRD!!!  He has so much patience to spend the day observing and catching birds.  It's so cute!
New workout clothes for Zumba Class
Ready for the Coffee Social





That afternoon, I changed into workout clothes and went to Zumba Class.  After Zumba I headed straight to Cumbia class and enjoyed a fun class in the park with Noemi and Myriam.  After Cumbia, Solexico students were meeting for a coffee social, so I went home changed and met up with Rocky and Crystal before we headed to the bar.  It was a fun and eventful day.

My dancing skills are definitely improving,
Maria Katerina

No comments:

Post a Comment